SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL
4th INTERNATIONAL COMPOSER’S COMPETITION "New Note" CROATIA 2015.
Total value of prizes: 4000 €
Deadline for entries: May 29th 2015.
- 1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities
- 2. More than one score per composer is permitted
- 3. All submitted works must have been composed after December 31st 2008., and not awarded a prize in any other competition
- 4. It is possible to submit works previously performed, but not already published or professionally recorded for commercial use.
- 1. Composition for solo violin
- 2. Use of tape or live electronics is not permitted
- 3. Duration: Up to 15 minutes
The First Prize – 2500 € and the concert performance by Irvine Arditti (www.ardittiquartet.co.uk) on 40th Samobor Music Festival
The Second Prize – 1000 €
The Third Prize – 500 €
- JAMES CLARKE
composer (Great Britain)
- NIKŠA GLIGO
- HILDA PAREDES
Photographer: Tony Hutchings
- IRVINE ARDITTI
violinist and partner of New Note International Composers Competition 2015.
- SREĆKO BRADIĆ
composer and Artistic Director
THE PRIZE WINNERS' CONCERT
- 1. The winning composition will be performed on October 9th 2015 at a concert by Irvine Arditti organized by the Samobor Music Festival. The concert will be broadcasted and offered to all members of the European Broadcasting Union.
- 2. The composer of the winning work must provide all the performance materials at his/her own expense and send them to the Samobor Music Festival by of June 30th 2015
- 3. The winner of the Award will be announced after June 20th 2015. The winner will be invited at the Festival's expense to come to the Samobor Music Festival performance on October 9th 2015
- 4. Entrants agree that, if the submitted work wins the award, all future performances of the work will be accompanied by the following statement in the printed program: "Winner of the New Note International Composers Competition Croatia 2015". The same applies for all future published editions and/or recordings of the work.
- 5. A copy of the finalist scores will be filed in the Samobor Music Festival records.
1. The five (5) copies of scores should be submitted anonymously and marked with an emblem or "nom de plume".
2. A sealed envelope marked with the same emblem or „nom de plume“ should be attached together with the following data:
a) composer’s full name: first name (s), surname, gender
b) date and place of birth
d) address, telephone, e-mail address or fax
e) title and duration of the composition
f) a brief programme note about the composition in Croatian or English language
g) a biography in English and current photograph of the composer
h) a declaration made by the author certifying that the composition is unpublished
3. A recording or simulation of the submitted composition (only mp3 on CD or memory stick) may be enclosed with the score.
4. PDF file of the submitted composition (on CD).
5. By applying, candidates accept the publishing on the Samobor Music Festival website and the publication of their names, ranking and possible photos and audio/video recordings in the public media.
6. The return of all scores will be at the composer’s expense.
7. The entries should be sent to the following address:
PUČKO OTVORENO UČILIŠTE SAMOBOR
for SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL
TRG MATICE HRVATSKE 3
phone/fax: + 38513360112, +38513360267
8. The deadline for submission of scores is May 29th 2015. The postmark date is decisive.
1. The Entry fee for participants is 50 € for each score (bank charges covered by the sender).