SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL
3rd INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION "New Note" CROATIA 2014.
Total value of prizes: 5.000€
Deadline for entries: May 20, 2014.
1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities
2. More than one score per composer is permitted
3. It is possible to submit works previously performed, but not already published or professionally recorded for commercial use.
1. Composition for classic string quartet
2. Orchestration: 2 Violins,Viola,Violoncello
3. Use of tape or live electronics is not permitted
4. Duration: Up to 15 minutes
The First Prize – 3.500 € and the concert performance by The Arditti Quartet (www.ardittiquartet.co.uk)on 39th Samobor Music Festival
Second Prize – 1.500 €
The Third Prize – 500 €
- prof.dr. DAVORIN KEMPF
composer/musicologist (Croatia) Chairman
- NIKŠA GLIGO
- DUŠAN BAVDEK
- IRVINE ARDITTI
Artistic leader of the Arditti Quartet
- SREĆKO BRADIĆ
composer and Artistic Director
The decisions of the Jury are final.
If the quality of admitted works does not meet the necessary quality level, the Jury reserves the right not to award prize(s).
THE PRIZE WINNERS' CONCERT
1. The winning composition will be performed on October 7, 2014, at a concert by The Arditti Quartet, organised by the Samobor Music Festival.
The concert will be broadcasted and offered to all members of the European Broadcasting Union.
2. The composer of the winning work must provide all the performance materials at his/her own expense and send them to the Samobor Music Festival by of June 20, 2014.
3. The winner of the Award will be announced after June 15, 2014. The winner will be invited to come to Samobor Music Festival composition performance on October 7, 2014, at the Festival's expense.
4. Entrants agree that, if the submitted work wins the award, all future performances of the work will be accompanied by the following statement in the printed program: "Winner of the New Note International Composers Competition Croatia 2014". The same applies for all future published editions and/or recordings of the work.
5. A copy of the finalist scores will be filed in the Samobor Music Festival records.
1. The five (5) copies of scores should be submitted anonymously and marked with an emblem or "nom de plume".
2. A sealed envelope marked with the same emblem or „nom de plume“ should be attached together with the following data:
a) composer’s full name: first name (s), surname, gender
b) date and place of birth
d) address, telephone, e-mail address or fax
e) title and duration of the composition
f) a brief programme note about the composition in Croatian or English language
g) a biography in English and current photograph of the composer
h) a declaration made by the author certifying that the composition is unpublished
3. A recording or simulation of the submitted composition (mp3 or wav on CD) may be enclosed with the score.
4. By applying, candidates accept the publishing on the Samobor Music Festival website and the publication of their names, ranking and possible photos and audio/video recordings in the public media.
5. The return of all scores will be at the composer’s expense
6. The entries should be sent to the following address:
SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL
TRG MATICE HRVATSKE 3
phone/fax: + 38513360112,+38513360267
7. The deadline for submission of scores is May 20, 2014. The postmark is decisive.
The Entry fee for participants is 70€ for each score.
Name and surname: