SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL
Total value of prizes: 5.000€
1ST INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION „New Note“ CROATIA 2012.
Deadline for entries: March 10, 2012.
COMPETITION REGULATIONS1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities
2. More than one score per composer is permitted
3. It is possible to submit works previously performed, but not already published or recorded
GENRE1. Only compositions for wind quintet will be considered.
2. Orchestration: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon
3. Use of tape or live electronics is not permitted
4. Duration: Work’s length must not exceed 15 minutes
PRIZESThe First Prize – 3.500 € and the concert performance by The Berlin Philharmonic Wind Quintet (www.windquintet.com) on 37th Samobor Music Festival
The Second Prize – 1.000 €
The Third Prize – 500 €
- IVO MALEC
composer (Croatia/France) Chairman
- ALUN FRANCIS conductor and composer (Great Britain)
- LOJZE LEBIČ
- UROŠ LAJOVIC
conductor and composer
- SREĆKO BRADIĆ
composer and Artistic Director
The decisions of the Jury are final. If the quality of admitted works does not meet the necessary quality level, the Jury reserves the right not to award prize(s).
THE PRIZE WINNERS' CONCERT1. The winning composition will be performed on October 5, 2012, in the Franciscan church, at a concert by The Berlin Philharmonic Wind Quintet(www.windquintet.com), organised by the Samobor Music Festival.
2. The composer of the winning work must provide all the performance materials at their own expense and send them to the Samobor Music Festival by April 16, 2012.
3. The winner of the Award will be announced after March 26, 2012.
The winner will be invited to come to Samobor Music Festival composition performance on October 5, 2012, at the Festival's expense.
4. Entrants agree that, if the submitted work wins the award, all future performances of the work will be accompanied by the following statement in the printed program: "Winner of the International Composers Competition NEW NOTE Croatia 2012". The same applies for all future published editions and/or recordings of the work.
5. A copy of the finalists scores will be filed in the Samobor Music Festival records.
ENTRIES1. Five (5) copies of scores should be submitted anonymously and marked with an emblem or "nom de plume".
2. A sealed envelope marked with the same emblem or „nom de plume“ should be attached together with the following data:
a) composer’s full name: first name (s), surname, gender
b) date and place of birth
d) address, telephone, e-mail address or fax
e) title and duration of the composition
f) a brief programme note about the composition in Croatian or English language
g) a biography in English and current photograph of the composer
h) a declaration made by the author certifying that the composition is unpublished and unrecorded
3. By applying, candidates accept the publishing on the Samobor Music Festival website and the publication of their names, ranking and possible photos and audio/video recordings in the public media.
4. The return of all scores will be at the composer’s expense
5. The entries should be sent to the following address:
SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL
TRG MATICE HRVATSKE 3
phone/fax: + 38513360112,+38513360267
1. The Entry fee for participants is 50€ for each score.
2. The amount should be sent by bank transfer (bank charges covered by the sender) to the following account:
SAMOBORSKA GLAZBENA JESEN
Bank: Raiffeisenbank Austria 2484008-1100460076
Account number (IBAN): HR7224840081100460076
SWIFT-BIC (Bank identification code): RZBHHR2X