SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL
2nd INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION „New Note“ CROATIA 2013.
Total value of prizes: 5.000€
Deadline for entries: May 06th, 2013
1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities
2. More than one score per composer is permitted
3.All submitted works must have been composed after December 31st 2007. and not awarded in any other competition
4. It is possible to submit works previously performed, but not already published or professionally(commercial) recorded
1. Only compositions for string sextet will be considered.
2. Orchestration: 2 Violins ,2 Violas, 2 Violoncellos
3. Use of tape or live electronics is not permitted
4. Duration: Work’s length must not exceed 15 minutes
The First Prize – 3.500 € and the concert performance by the Munich Philharmonic Sextet (www.mphil.de/en/personen/?P_ID=66) on 38th Samobor Music Festival
The Second Prize – 1.000 €
The Third Prize – 500 €
- prof.dr. DAVORIN KEMPF
composer/musicologist (Croatia) Chairman
- ALUN FRANCIS
conductor and composer
- LOJZE LEBIČ
- SRETEN KRSTIĆ
principal concert master of the Munich Philharmonic
- SREĆKO BRADIĆ
composer and Artistic Director
The decisions of the Jury are final.
If the quality of admitted works does not meet the necessary quality level, the Jury reserves the right not to award prize(s).
THE PRIZE WINNERS' CONCERT
1. The winning composition will be performed on October 4th 2013., in the Franciscan church in Samobor, at a concert by The Munich Philharmonic Sextet(www.mphil.de/en/personen/?P_ID=66) , organised by the Samobor Music Festival.
2. The composer of the winning work must provide all the performance materials at their own expense and send them to the Samobor Music Festival by of June 06th 2013.
3. The winner of the Award will be announced after June 02nd 2013.
The winner will be invited to come to Samobor Music Festival composition performance on October 4th, 2013., at the Festival's expense.
4. Entrants agree that, if the submitted work wins the award, all future performances of the work will be accompanied by the following statement in the printed program: "Winner of the 2nd INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION „New Note“ CROATIA 2013.". The same applies for all future published editions and/or recordings of the work.
5. A copy of the finalist scores will be filed in the Samobor Music Festival records.
1. The five (5) copies of scores should be submitted anonymously and marked with an emblem or "nom de plume".
2. A sealed envelope marked with the same emblem or „nom de plume“ should be attached together with the following data:
a) composer’s full name: first name (s), surname, gender
b) date and place of birth
d) address, telephone, e-mail address or fax
e) title and duration of the composition
f) a brief programme note about the composition in English language
g) a biography in English and current photo of the composer
h) a declaration made by the author certifying that the submitted work has been composed after December 31st, 2007. , unpublished and unrecorded(commercial)
3. A recording or simulation of the submitted composition (mp3 or wav on CD) may be enclosed with the score.
4. By applying, candidates accept the publishing on the Samobor Music Festival website and the publication of their names, ranking and possible photos and audio/video recordings in the public media.
5. The return of all scores will be at the composer’s expense
6. The entries should be sent to the following address:
SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL
TRG MATICE HRVATSKE 3
phone/fax: + 38513360112,+38513360267
7. The deadline for submission of scores is May 06, 2013. The postmark is decisive.
1. The Entry fee for participants is 50€ for each score.
2. The amount should be sent by bank transfer (bank charges covered by the sender) to the following account:
SAMOBORSKA GLAZBENA JESEN
Bank: Raiffeisenbank Austria 2484008-1100460076
Account number (IBAN): HR7224840081100460076
SWIFT-BIC (Bank identification code): RZBHHR2X