SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL
8th INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION "New Note" CROATIA 2019.
Total value of prizes: 4000 €
Deadline for entries: June 26th 2019.
- 1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities
- 2. More than one score per composer is permitted
- 3. All submitted works must have been composed after December 31st 2012. and not awarded a prize in any other competition
- 4. It is possible to submit works previously performed, but not already published or professionally recorded for commercial use.
- 1. Composition for Cantus Ensemble with conductor.
- 2. Use of tape or live electronics is not permitted
- 3. Orchestration:Flute,Oboa, Clarinet, Basoon, Horn, Trumpet,Trombone,Percussions (1 player), piano, 2 violins ,viola,violoncello,contrabass
List of percussions: Bass Drum,Snare drum,Cymbals,Cymbals a2,Congas,Bongos,Tam Tam,Temple Blocks,Wood Blocks,Triangle,Tambourine,Cowbells,Guiro,Claves,Raganella
- 4. Duration: Up to 15 minutes
The First Prize – 2500€ (brutto-including taxes) and the concert performance by Cantus Ensemble on Samobor Music Festival, October 1st 2019.
The Second Prize – 1000 € (bruto-including taxes)
The Third Prize – 500 € (bruto-including taxes)
- BERISLAV ŠIPUŠ
composer and artistic director Cantus Ensemble, partner of International Composers Competition „New Note” 2019
- NIKŠA GLIGO (Croatia)
- SREĆKO BRADIĆ (Croatia) composer and Artistic Director of Samobor Music Festival
THE PRIZE WINNERS' CONCERT
- 1. The winning composition will be performed on September 2019 by Cantus Ensemble organized during Samobor Music Festival.
- 2. The composer of the winning work must provide all the performance materials (parts) at his/her own expense and send them to the Samobor Music Festival by of July 30h 2019.
- 3. The winner of the Award will be announced after July 10th 2019.
- 4. Entrants agree that, if the submitted work wins the award, all future performances of the work will be accompanied by the following statement in the printed program: "Winner of the New Note International Composers Competition, Croatia 2019". The same applies for all future published editions and/or recordings of the work.
- 5. A copy of the finalist scores will be filed in the Samobor Music Festival records.
ENTRIESEntries by email only!!!
The following items are required:
- · The subject line should be “Submission – NEW NOTE – your name
Attach all files below to your email:
- · Score (PDF format) – with title “duration” and “nom de plume”, but your name must NOT appear on the score!
- · Audio realization (only MP3-higly recomended)
- · CV: “nom de plume”, full name, address, date and place of birth, e-mail address, phone number
- · biography suitable for a concert program, photo, a brief text about composition
If you receive email bounce backs due to large file sizes, you may break items into separate emails. Suggested size is up to 10 MB.
Send your email submission to the following mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the Application form & all materials is 12:00 PM on June 26th 2019.
1. The Entry fee for participants is 40 € for each score (bank charges covered by the sender).
phone: +385 91 336 0112; email@example.com