SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL
7th INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION "New Note" CROATIA 2018.
Total value of prizes: 4000 €
Deadline for entries: June 4th 2018.
- 1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities
- 2. More than one score per composer is permitted
- 3. All submitted works must have been composed after December 31st 2011. and not awarded a prize in any other competition
- 4. It is possible to submit works previously performed, but not already published or professionally recorded for commercial use.
- 1. Composition for Croatian Radio and Television Symphony Orchestra. Use of tape or live electronics is not permitted.
- 2. Use of tape or live electronics is not permitted
- 3. Orchestration: (Flute(2), Oboa(2), Clarinet(2), Basoon(2), Horn(2), Trumpet(2),Timpani, Strings
- 4. Duration: Up to 15 minutes
The First Prize – 2500€ (brutto-including taxes) and the concert performance by Croatian Radio and Television Symphony Orchestra on Samobor Music Festival – September 28th 2018.
The Second Prize – 1000 € (bruto-including taxes)
The Third Prize – 500 € (bruto-including taxes)
- ENRICO DINDO (Italy)
Chief conductor of Croatian Radio-Television Symphony Orchestra, partner of International Composers Competition „New Note”
- NIKŠA GLIGO (Croatia)
- LOJZE LEBIČ (Slovenia)
- SREĆKO BRADIĆ (Croatia) composer and Artistic Director of Samobor Music Festival
THE PRIZE WINNERS' CONCERT
- 1. The winning composition will be performed on September 28th 2018 by Croatian Radio and Television Symphony Orchestra organized during Samobor Music Festival.
- 2. The composer of the winning work must provide all the performance materials (parts) at his/her own expense and send them to the Samobor Music Festival by of June 30th 2018.
- 3. The winner of the Award will be announced after June 20th 2018.
- 4. Entrants agree that, if the submitted work wins the award, all future performances of the work will be accompanied by the following statement in the printed program: "Winner of the New Note International Composers Competition, Croatia 2018". The same applies for all future published editions and/or recordings of the work.
- 5. A copy of the finalist scores will be filed in the Samobor Music Festival records.
ENTRIESEntries by email only!!!
The following items are required:
- · The subject line should be “Submission – NEW NOTE – your name
Attach all files below to your email:
- · Score (PDF format) – with title “duration” and “nom de plume”, but your name must NOT appear on the score!
- · Audio realization (only MP3-higly recomended)
- · CV: “nom de plume”, full name, address, date and place of birth, e-mail address, phone number
- · biography suitable for a concert program, photo, a brief text about composition
If you receive email bounce backs due to large file sizes, you may break items into separate emails. Suggested size is up to 10 MB.
Send your email submission to the following mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the Application form & all materials is 12:00 PM on June 4th 2018.
1. The Entry fee for participants is 60 € for each score (bank charges covered by the sender).
phone: +385 91 336 0112; email@example.com